HOLO Card Field TechnicianHOLO Card Field Technician https://uluhitech.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Ulu HI-Tech https://uluhitech.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Job title: HOLO Field Technician
Location: Honolulu, HI
Terms: Part- or Full-Time
Pay range: $18-$22 per hour
To apply: Email your resume to [email protected]
This position can be either full- or part-time and is an hourly wage position located on-site in the HOLO Card office in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Ulu HI-Tech (UHT) provides the systems and staff for the HOLO Card, the island-wide rapid transit fare system of the City & County of Honolulu (City).
Working as part of a small team of highly trained technical support professionals, the Technician will accept training, guidance, and direction from the Asset Management department manager.
This position is best for dedicated individuals who understand and embrace the power of teamwork. While individual initiative is welcome and expected, the success of the HOLO Card program requires participating as a dedicated part of the Asset Management team. As part of the Field Operations and Maintenance team, this position also requires flexibility and openness to other duties as assigned in order to handle many service situations for the success and wellbeing of the City and transit patrons.
Closely following established standard operating procedures (SOPs) is a primary duty. We will provide extensive on-the-job training to ensure you’re able to succeed in meeting these standards. Training will include reading, studying, and comprehension of and compliance with our documentation, standards, and related systems. Completion of Department of Transportation Services Rail Training is required for site access and must be successfully completed during the first 3 months of the probationary period.
Technicians are required to follow SOPs to manage their workload and meet the strict Service Level Agreements in place with our customers.
The HOLO Service Desk runs 6 days per week, Monday through Saturday, 7 am to 7 pm, excluding many Holidays. Field technician service may be required during rail operating hours, currently 5 am to 7 pm. Most shifts run Monday to Friday, 7 am to 4 pm, and UHT will make efforts to accommodate preferred schedules and flexible hours. However, Technicians may be required to fill in vacant shifts OR work overtime on short notice during any of our operating days and hours.
- Respond to all assigned tickets from the HOLO Card Service Desk to resolution and within specified SLAs and Key Performance Indicators
- Participate in training provided through UHT for all HOLO Card equipment maintenance and service engagement, as necessary to meet objectives
- Monitor device health of retail sales terminals (RSTs), customer service terminals (CSTs), handheld devices, and other assigned equipment as technically possible so that UHT can deliver a proactive service operations program
- Following applicable hardware operations training supplied by various OEMs, perform all required troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, field service, installation, repair, and replacement of the following HOLO Card equipment:
- RSTs located at retail locations
- CSTs located at Satellite City Halls
- Agency Test Facility (ATF) devices
- Call Center computer, applications and systems
- Cellular services and other network equipment
- Ticket vending machine (TVM) and faregates (at rail stations and ATF)
- Handheld devices used for fare inspection and validation
- Other systems related to HOLO and/or UHT service operation as assigned
- Attend and represent Field Operations and Maintenance interests at meetings as required
- Participate in ensuring that all HOLO Card contract KPIs and other contractual requirements are met (see Appendix A)
- Provide IT desktop and network support and troubleshooting to internal UHT staff as well as customers as required
- TVM revenue servicing (cash and coin vault servicing)
- Assisting retail stores in resolving issues with installed point-of-sale (POS) systems either remotely or in-person as required
- Ticketing system management
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented with the primary goal of customer satisfaction
- Excellent problem solving and follow through traits
- Ability to work independently or in teams as needed
- Demonstrated experience of team-centric work ethic and skills
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- High competency in task management using ticketing and project mgmt. systems
- Strong documentation skills and dedication to maintenance and updating
- Ability to effectively work remotely while still attaining expected outcomes
- Proficiency in small device troubleshooting and repair (e.g., Android phones, printers, etc.)
- Technology certifications or degrees are great, but relevant work and/or military experience are highly desirable
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Requires lifting and moving of office supplies, furniture, equipment, and boxes weighing up to 70 lbs
- Requires the ability to work at multiple locations in Hawaii and travel to those locations within the same day
Note: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Appendix A: HOLO Card Key Performance Indicators